Wednesday, May 7, 2014

planning our move - packing checklists

We have three months until our move, but I plan on doing a little bit at a time here and there so we can spend our weekends enjoying our friends and favorite places here in PA.  Who knows when we'll ever make it back to this beautiful, historic part of the country?

Here are a few checklists I'm using to stay organized...
  •  This one from Martha Stewart breaks things down week-by-week starting six weeks out from your move.  It has extra space to add your own tasks.  Plus, it's totally Martha-fied and cute.  
  • Real Simple magazine created a moving list that has some great reminders of things that are easy to forget.  Refill prescriptions, obtain copies of medical records (great for establishing with new doctors/dentists), and have the car tuned-up prior to moving. 
My "little bit" this week was to gather items for a "donation" bag and pack my maternity clothes.  Look for a clothing drop box, thrift store, or consignment shop to drop off any items you haven't worn or used in a year.  

I'll be working on Dayton & Emma's clothes this month, but here's a tip for tackling baby/kids clothes.  They can be used as hand-me-downs for younger siblings, so hold onto them if you have the storage space.  I love the big plastic bins because I can label them (i.e. "boy--newborn, 3-6 months, blankets") and see inside without opening them up to dig through.  The low profile ones are wonderful for storing clothes out of the way, under a bed or in a closet. 

20" x 42" Under-Bed box on Amazon
Here's my baby step towards being prepped to pack--a couple of drawers and my closet de-junked.
cleaning out some drawers

maternity, baby clothes, piles to keep and donate



No comments:

Post a Comment