Monday, May 5, 2014

spring is coming

I'm not sure who is more grateful for the sunshine; me, Dayton, or our downstairs neighbor.  There is nothing better than getting outside to run and explore after the long winter months.  Signs of spring have popped up all over PA.



After volunteering at our local Special Olympics doing face painting, I conned Dayton into letting me paint his face with a promise that he'd look just like Simba.

I'll let you decide if this qualifies as a pass or fail.  :)  He was happy, so that's all that matters.

Miss Emma thinks that she's allowed to grow like a weed just because she turns one next month...I never agreed to that!  But in return for growing up too fast, she hands out plenty of giggles and snuggles.  Give the girl a binky and a blanket and she turns into a butterball.  She is a sweet, sweet baby.


 We spent the weekend touring Washington DC with some cousins.  Somehow my phone never took any pictures of all of us together (how did that happen?) but we really enjoyed seeing some family on this side of the country.

Carousel at the National Zoo 
White House!  And future Mr. President.

Lincoln Monument

2 comments:

  1. Fun! I wish we could come visit before you head back this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, you guys would LOVE to see some of the stuff out here--Sesame Place, the Please Touch museum, Amish country, we'd have a blast. Maybe in another life we could do a trip together out here? :) Congrats on your big week with Richard's graduation and your upcoming graduation.

      Delete